I always love looking back at last year's birthwork - even if it takes me until nearly the end of the first quarter of the following year to actually gather that information! Taxes are filed, stats have been compiled, and my 2016 year in review blog post has now been written (finally!) Here are some fun facts about my 2016 doula practice.
2016 Year in Review
- 13 births attended
- 5 girls, 8 boys
- Over 135 hours spent supporting births
- Longest time at a birth: 25.5 hours
- Shortest time at a birth: 3 hours
- Average time spent at a birth: 10.5 hours
- Most frequent length of time at a birth: Really varied. I attended some really quick births this year and some really long ones with everything in between! My median length for 2016 is 9.25 hours
- Care provider practice I worked with most frequently: OSU Midwives (2/3 of the births I attended in 2016 were with this practice. Yay for midwifery care!)
- Most frequented hospital: OSU Wexner Medical Center (3/4 of the births I attended in 2016 were at OSU. Go Bucks!)
- Attended births at 5 hospitals (OSU Wexner Medical Center, Mount Carmel St. Ann's, Grant Medical Center, Riverside Methodist, and Marysville Memorial hospitals)
- Attended a Spinning Babies workshop
- Traveled nearly 1800 miles
2017 is off to a great start. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store!